Looking West from Limaburg
(the bridge, in the image on the right, is the same
one at the bottom of the hill in the image on the left)
Limaburg Bridge, c. 1918
Before there was any bridge, you forded the creek. See here.
Limaburg citizens built the first bridge. It washed away. So they rebuild. Details here.
|April 28, 1972, Limaburg||Wreck at the Limaburg -
Burlington Pike intersection
|New Bridge in Limaburg|
Anderson Brothers Body Shop
(They would become the founders of Skilcraft)
from a Facebook post by Lynn Orvis
|Toll House, Limaburg
||East on Burlington Pike, toward Limaburg.
Why was this picture taken? Here.
William Fitzgerald's History of
|An older article from the Boone County Recorder on
the Limaburg Community is here. (pdf)
|Limaburg, by Brothers, Tanner,
and Tanner is here. (pdf)
|“The Boone Circuit Court is in session at Burlington and four men have been sentenced to the penitentiary. Martin Farrell,
Albert Farrell, and Thomas Adams, for breaking into Quigley & Burman's store in Limaburg last December, and Earl Minor, colored,
for unlawfully detaining a woman against her will.” from the Courier-Journal, April 18, 1909