The Ferry Ohio
These are both the same boat, but the one on the right is a much earlier photo of it, probably taken circa 1924. It was built in 1924 at Paducah and was steam powered. The Ash family sold their rights to the ferry service in 1923, and so the new owners (Judge C.W. Wilhoite, Carrollton) bought this boat from Paducah and named it Ohio. It burned in 1936, and was rebuilt with a diesel-powered paddlewheel. So the photo/postcard on the left is circa 1937. When the Wilhoites decided to get out of the ferry business (early 1940s?) the McKay family of Lamb took over the service until it faded into obscurity by 1952.
Thanks to Steve Huffman for this background information