Known as Liberty Station. Is a town on the L., C. & L. R.R., of about 300 people, situated in the southwestern portion of the county, and is the largest town in the famous "Eagle Valley." It is connected with the county of Owen by a good turnpike road and a splendid bridge. It has been but recently laid out, and gives strong evidence of being, at no distant day, the rival of much older places. It has mineral springs, the waters of which, for healing diseases, are not excelled by any in the State, and has a large hotel, under the management of Col. E.D., Whittaker.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.