Harry B. Clore


Harry B. Clore, aged 78, born within three-fourths of a mile of Warsaw and living in Warsaw most of his life, died suddenly at his home in Warsaw from heart disease. 

Mr. Clore had attended services at the Warsaw Christian church last Sunday morning and later in the evening had been down town, talking with his friends, of whom he had many. On Sunday night he informed his son James, that he was feeling ill. James went at once to notify Dr. J. W. Shupert. Dr. Shupert rushed to the Clore home but Harry had passed away before the doctor arrived. 

No man who has ever lived in Warsaw had more friends than Harry Clore. No man who has lived in Warsaw had more loyal fried than he. R. B. Brown, deceased, had often times told the editor of this paper that Harry (Si) Clore was the most loyal friend he ever had.

 Just a few days before Mr. Clore died, he said to the editor, “I don’t come down town very often since Bob died. When I do, I cannot get him off my mind, he was my friend. If I had my way I would like to go in a hurry like he did.” And Harry had his way. 

Some time ago Mr. Clore united with the Warsaw Christian church and it is said he had never missed a service of the church or Sunday school. 

His wife preceded him to the grave about one year ago and the husband had never been the same since. Mr. Clore leaves a son, James, of Warsaw, a brother Frank, eight nephews, five nieces, other distant relatives and a host of friends. 

For many years Mr. Clore was Town Marshal of Warsaw and that was in the palmy days when men were men. It has often been said and proven, that Harry never saw the man he was afraid of. He was not quarrelsome, but gentle as a woman, yet his word was law. When he went after his man it meant the man would surrender or fight. He had a gun battle on the streets of Warsaw with one of the feudists Hatfield, and Hatfield finished second. He saved the lives of two officials in a fight with a bandit on a shanty boat, whom they had gone to arrest for robbery, after Harry had been shot by the bandit with a 45 caliber revolver. The bandit was buried in the Warsaw cemetery the next day. Harry Clore never started a fight, but he always ended them. 

Funeral services were held Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. at the Kemper Funeral Home in charge of Rev. R. C. McCord of the Warsaw Christian church, burial in the Warsaw cemetery.

J. Vernon Kemper had charge of arrangements. 


From The Gallatin County News,   February 10, 1934