L. G. Hendrix, Wm. McDanell Ford Dealers for 33 Years
Proud of New 1957 Fords
It seems fitting that Hendrix-McDanell Motors, local Ford Dealers, be featured in the first in this series of thirty stories dealing with Gallatin County business people.
Both partners in the business, Leonard G. Hendrix and William McDanell, have been in this particular business since 1924 when they, along with the late W. B. Graham and Robert Gilbert operated what was then known as Warsaw Motor Sales. Mr. Hendrix and Mr. McDanell changed the name of the concern in 1931 when they purchased the share of the other two owners.
Ford products have been the main line of this concern since 1924 when a good car sold for less than $500. They got into the farm machinery business in 1939 when Ford first put his line on the market.
Mr. McDanell (Bill) is in charge of the mechanical end of the operation and (by thunder) supervises one of the largest crew of workmen to be found in the county. Mr. Hendrix serves as manager and salesman for new Fords and used cars. He was operator of the first bus line between Carrollton and Cincinnati and for several years ran the mail bus between Warsaw and Sparta.
Company awards have been given many times to this firm and several times they have led the Cincinnati division in sales of new cars.
Another note on Bill McDanell: in the above story will be found Bill's by-word and that's about the only harsh language he uses. Bill's son Charles W. (Billy) is a mechanic and operates a garage at Owenton.
Hendrix McDanell are especially proud of this year's line of Ford cars and trucks and invite inspection and comparison of their entire line.
March 7, 1957, from the Gallatin County News.