Williamstown Christian Church
|Presbyterian and Methodist
| Williamstown Methodist Church.
The history of their church.
The Williamstown Presbyterian Church was active from 1845 to 1925. There was a frame structure erected in 1845 and torn down in 1885. The building shown above was consecrated on May 31, 1886. The first pastor was Rev. W. H. Forsythe, who served from 1845-1850.
|Williamstown Baptist Church, 1956||Williamstown Baptist Church|
|These images are all the same building. It was moved, physically, from Mill Street to Main in 1919, was remodeled in 1942, and demolished in 1966. Read more about it here.|
Williamstown Catholic Church
Rev. Paul Ryan's History of St. William is here.
|In 1922, the Williamstown churches performed a “religious survey of the community.” Results here.||The Ogg CME Church's history is here. (pdf)||The Oak Ridge Baptist Church was dedicated in August, 1891, and cost $750 to erect.|
|“Williamstown has five white church buildings in town, to-wit: the Methodist Episcopal South, Church of Christ, Presbyterian, Primitive Baptist and Free Will Baptist. The town also has one colored church building, the Methodist, and has two congregations without buildings, the Catholics and the colored Baptist. In all these there are more than 1,000 church members holding membership in the churches of Williamstown.” The Williamstown Courier, July 1, 1897|