- Bayless-Foreman-Taylor House - Built in 1802. Portrait of Arthur Fix, who founded the town, hangs in the dining room, another, of Robert Taylor hangs in the front hall. The house is filled with family heirlooms and many pieces of Kentucky antiques
- Presbyterian Church – Built in 1844 but continuing the tradition of the congregation formed back in 1791. This is the third building to house the congregation.
- Marshall Key home – c. 1800. Harriet Beecher Stowe was visiting here when she witnessed a slave auction at the old courthouse. From the experience she wrote “Uncle Tom’s Cabin.”
- Dr. Basil Duke house – c. 1810. Built by one of the early physicians. Home of the distinguished McClung family and later the McMurty School for Girls.
- Albert Sidney Johnston – c. 1797. Birthplace of the general who was killed in the War Between the States.
- Pillsbury School – c. 1815. Some of the early instructors here were noted as Kentucky’s finest educators.
- Courthouse – 1794. Built of native limestone by Lewis Craig, Baptist preacher and stone mason.
- Robert Taylor Store – 1830. Replaced a stone tavern which burned.
- James Paxton Inn – 1820. Houses a secret stairway running from the first floor to the third floor, in the middle of the chimney.
- Methodist Church – 1834. Plans are afoot to use the old building as a Methodist Museum.
- Lashbrooke House – 1815. Built by William Murphy, third postmaster (1802). The hand carved woodwork is an outstanding feature of this beautiful home, and example of which are the courting and wedding arches often found in English houses.
- Federal Hill – 1795. Built by Thomas Marshall, brother of the first Chief Justice of the United States. His mother and father are buried on the grounds nearby. The eighth generation is in residence.
- Cedar Hill – 1807. Built by John Chambers, second territorial Governor of Iowa. General Grant was one of the many distinguished visitors to this hospitable home.
- Hotel – Built prior to 1945 by a group of landowners, trying to keep the county seat in Washington.
- Bank – The first branch bank in N. E. Kentucky, built in 1809. checks are preserved that were drawn in 1813.
- Arthur Fox house – c. 1795. One of our oldest houses, built by the English surveyor who laid out the town.
- National Road – First McAdamized Highway in the state, a 4 mile stretch from Maysville to Washington, was built notwithstanding a Presidential veto (Maysville Road Case)
- Old Baptist Cemetery – Established 1797. Sixteen Revolutionary War soldiers are buried here. Also, Arthur Fox and other founding fathers.