A village settled in 1816, incorporated in 1872, and situated on Eagle Creek, in the southern part of Owen County, 8 miles from Owenton, the county seat, 16 from Sparta, on the L. C. & L. R. R. [Louisville and Cincinnati Short Line Rail Road], its nearest shipping point, and 812 by rail or 50 by Pike from Louisville. It contains a flouring mill, Baptist Church, and common school. Tobacco and whisky are the principal exports. Weekly mail. Population 75. A. B. Acree, postmaster
Acree, A. B. Hotel
Acree and Kinman, general sore.
Anspaw, Jacob, flouring mill.
Cobb, Rev. Wm., (Baptist).
Eye, Snake, wagon-maker.
Kinman, Jesse, blacksmith
Kinman and Estes, general store
Kinman, R. L. and Son, blacksmiths
Sidebottom & Alexander, general store
Snuther, A. W. physician
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.