Formerly called Williamsburg, a village on the Kentucky River, in the southwestern part of Owen County, 9 miles from Owenton, the county seat, and near the famous "Pond Branch," a stream of water which flows from a large pond, supposed to have been at one time a bed of the Kentucky River, and which empties into the river by two outlets, forming a perfect mountain island, two and a half miles long and a mile and a half wide.
Burns, J. O., general store
Harden & Calvert, General Store
Head, Joel S. & Bro., general store
Lawrence, G. W., druggist
Swetward, T. S., blacksmith
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville.