Formerly called Palmyra, a small village in the northern part of Trimble county, 6 miles from Bedford, the county seat, 8 from Milton, on the Ohio river, and 46 from Louisville.
Chowing, James & Sons, saw mill.
Dohoney, James, physician.
Metcalfe, Sanford, general store.
Miles, John D., dry goods and groceries.
Mitchell, Randolph, blacksmith.
Spillman, W.T., carpenter.
Trout, B.F., physician.
Vawter, John T., carding mill.
Yeager, Stephen, blacksmith.
Yeager, Thomas, wagonmaker.
This info is from the Kentucky State Gazetteer and Business Directory, published in 1876-77 by R. L. Polk in Louisville. Items in bold were bolded in the original