Reverend B. Greifenkamp
This church was built in 1859. At that time it had a very small membership and was attended but once a month. As the years advanced the congregation grew, until now the membership consists of more than one hundred families. Rev. B. Greifenkamp was born in Cincinnati and raised in Newport, Kentucky. He made the classical course at St. Xavier's in Cincinnati, where he took the degree of A. M.
He finished his studies at St. Francis, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He has been active in the service of this city of eleven years. He is loved by his congregation and admired by the people of Augusta.
From an 1897 edition of Headlight: Sights and Scenes Along the C. & O. Route which featured Augusta.