Eagle Station was, at the turn of the 20th century, a bustling little town which received its growth from its location on the Louisville and Nashville (Short Line) Railroad; now it has almost completely disappeared. It was first settled about 1846, and like most of the towns along Eagle Creek, the early attraction was a grist mill. This mill was known as Johnson’s Mill, and grain was brought to be ground fro many miles around. Early Kentucky laws forbade the erection of water mills any closer than 5 miles apart. In 1867, when the Sort Line Railroad (Lexington, Louisville, and Covington Railroad) was completed, Thomas Long was the first agent and from that time to the turn of the century, was a very busy place. This was the main shipping point for the northern portion of Owen County around Dallasburg (Wheatley), as well as a large section of Carroll County. There were located in the town several large general stores which are said to have done good business. One of these stores was owned by the Duvall brothers, who lived just outside the town. They later sold the store to Blant Ribelin. Stanley Adams had a butcher shop and Tolden Rosell kept a hotel. John McDarment had a drug and grocery store combined.
Dr. Elkins was the first physician mentioned living in the town, but many years later Dr. Darbro practiced there before moving to Sanders. He was the son of John Darbro who was one for the first settlers of Eagle Station. Now, there is little at Eagle except one general store operated by Mrs. Effie Barnes and the Jordan Baptist Church, on the road to Worthville. The L&N station was removed before World War II and even the slow local trains no longer stop at Eagle Station.
From the Carrollton News Democrat of October 12, 1967.