Among the many stations on the Louisville, Cincinnati and Lexington railroad, Worthville bids fair to be the first to improve and grow. Already, it is beginning to present a business-like appearance and in a short time, the land around the depot will be laid out for streets and lots. The depot is a very neat and substantial building - much better than any of the small depots on the old road - and is situated on a beautiful flat, about half a mile from the Kentucky river, and just halfway between Louisville and Cincinnati - 54 miles from each place. We learn that Mr. J. M. Salve, who owns the land around the depot, will, in a short time, offer it for sale in lots.
from the Carrollton Democrat, July 31, 1869