Erected by Elder David Lillard about the year 1830, and occupied by him until his death.  It is of old style brick, with frame dining room and kitchen attached. In the rear, until 1863, were quite a number of Negro cabins and farm buildings.  With the emancipation of the slaves, these fell into decay and have long since been torn down.  The residence is now [1904] occupied by Bro. William Turley, and the large farm attached owned by different parties.  During the active ministry of Elder Lillard, it was a place of great hospitality, and visited on church meeting days by great numbers of Baptists.