Famous Hotel Quits
Mother Sharp Closes Doors of Tourist Building
Williamstown, Ky.: Traveling men arriving here are missing Mother Sharp and her meals. She ahs served her last one in the city, but not in the state, for she is now in charge of the Carrollton Hotel.
Mother Sharp operated the Tourist Hotel, better known as the Jackson House. The hotel building was erected at the corner of Main and Paris streets in 1866, on the site of another hotel which was destroyed by fire. Except for a brief period during which the old building was undergoing repairs, about 25 years ago, its doors were never closed to the public. Its passing as a hotel and Mother Sharp is regretted, especially traveling men.
from the Kentucky Post, April 20, 1923