Shephard's Grocery, June 6, 1979
|Hughes Chapel, 1930
History of Hughes Chapel is here.
at the n.w. corner of US 42
and Richwood Road
|Hughes Chapel, 1969||Hughes Park, across
US 42 from the church.
|Beaver Lick Baptist Church, 1930||Road Meeting Celebration
in Beaver, 1930
A history of Beaver Lick Baptist Church.
Beaver-lick Mercantile Company, Incorporated
Proprietor of the store is Mr. J. Merit Jack
The US Post Office folks recognized the
post office here as “Beaver Lick” (two words) from 1843-1895, and,
“The saw-mill of Edward Senour, of Beaver Lick,
Boone County, was destroyed by fire last night.
Looking southwest at Beacon Light
|Beacon Lite Motel, 1969||The Bright Lite, 1969|
|Beacon Lite Motel
11 Units - Strictly Modern
19 Miles south of Cincinnati, Ohio
On Route 42 Phone Walton-1362
|US 42 at Beacon Light,
at the time US 42 opened
in the Fall of 1939.
This map shows the beacon light that was
on an early US mail air route, which followed
a straight line between Louisville and Lunken Airport. This map is from May, 1944.
The stars denote landing sites - note one at Warsaw, one at Beaver, one in Edgewood, and of
course one at Lunken Field. The purple highlighting shows the flight path, and the purple elliptical
shape denotes a "Fan Marker Beacon" which existed at the place known as Beacon Light.
Building on left used to be
Millinery Shop, operated
by Jennie Ossman.
|J. H. Sleet,
Beaver Lick, Kentucky
|These two images depict the same building.|
Minglewood, just east of “downtown” Beaver.
Class Picture from Beaver Lick School
Names in the back of this one are here.
Ohio Valley Beagle Club, 1969
| US 42, looking southwest,
|The Duckhead Inn,
also around 1940
Boone County Recorder travels to Beaver in 1889, here.
An 1859 Gazetteer lists the merchants of Beaver Lick, here.
“Beaver Lick is one of the most quiet villages on earth, especially on the Sabbath, though two shops are dealing out the deadly drug on week days. Thanks be to God and honor to the proprietors, not one drop is sold here on Sunday. We owe it to William Rex Robinson, who came and lectured to us until with tears in their eyes proprietors of liquor promised him they’d vend no more on Sunday.” from Covington’s Daily Commonwealth, September 16, 1879.