This large aerial photograph of Carrollton is from 1956. As usual, clicking on the little
images gets you bigger images. We've tried to overlap them a little so nothing gets cut by an edge.
The numbers and labels are on the original, and we've put a key at the bottom of this
page explaining the numbers.
|1. Avco Corporation (makers of TV Cabinets)
2. Carrollton High School
3. Baptist Church
4. Presbyterian Church
5. Methodist Church
7. Carrollton Christian Church
8. Court House
9. Lyter Donaldson, former highway commissioner
10. City Hall
11. St. John Catholic Church and grade school
12. L & N Express
13. Post Office Office
14. Second Baptist Church
15. Odd Fellows Cemetery
16. Methodist Church
17. Wirz Plant (makers of toothpaste type tubes)
18. Carroll Co Memorial Hospital
This photo originally appeared in the Kentucky Times Star of
July 25, 1956,
and is used here with the kind permission of its successor, the Kentucky Post.