Bracken Court Courthouse, c. WWI
|Bracken County Courthouse
photo by Art Fisher, Image Courtesy
of the Bracken County Historical Society
Bracken Co Courthouse,
This was the Bracken Count Courthouse
from 1861 to 1913. It was the fifth courthouse in the county.
|A little more background on the first Bracken Court House is here.||The State authorizes the courthouse to be built in Brooksville in 1838.||1848 Courthouse fire.||John E. Leming Jr. writes about the six courthouses that have been in Bracken Co. (pdf) reproduced from from the Ky Explorer|
Circuit Clerk's Building, c. 1880's
men in the photo listed here.
This building was on the northwest corner of Court House Square, along Miami Street. The old Court House is to the left, and the old jail is directly behind this building. The clerk's building was razed in 1914 for the construction of the new court house.
The day they auctioned off a prisoner for vagrancy in Brooksville. Here.
|Bracken County Troops, WWI|
The Boys and Girls Jersey Calf Club, 1922
Bracken County Attorney's Office
That's Clyde Barker, Attorney and County Judge
Image Courtesy of the Bracken County Historical Society
This is David Brooks, for whom Brooksville is named.
He's was also a Bracken County representative to the Kentucky house, where
he introduced a resolution to move the Bracken County Court House
to Woodwards Crossing to make it more centrally located.