July 3, 1976, above, was the last day for the Mason Post Office.
Mason High School Conservation Club, 1948
from a Facebook post by Jerry Martin
|The town now called Mason was originally known as Gouge's. There was a post office established as Gouge’s (with the apostrophe) on July 26, 1855. Henry S. Brown was the Postmaster. It was discontinued October 12, 1868, but re-opened as Mason a month later, on November 24, 1868, with John A. Turner as Postmaster.|
“CINCINNATI, Oct. 16. — Is a stolen kiss worth S15,000? This is a question which will have to be decided by Federal Judge Cochran when his court convenes in Covington, Ky., to-morrow. Mrs. Grant Mitts, a blue grass society leader of Mason, Ky., thinks she is entitled to that amount for a kiss she declares was stolen last June by J. B. Alexander, a friend of her husband, who made a friendly call while the man of the house was not home and she has brought suit. As a result of the alleged larceny she declares she is a nervous wreck and has been subjected to much humiliation and notoriety.” San Francisco Call, October 17, 1904
The account of a serious train wreck, at “Mason's Station” in 1883 is here.