bedford

Bedford Business Bedford Business
South Side of Courthouse, 1915
from the left, W. S. Pierce. grocery and dry goods, across Main Street; A. B. Clem, general store; Clem residence; store room building with Cumberland Telephone Exchange above; Terrell Brothers, funeral home, auto and farm implement dealers.
The A. B. Clem Heirs Store, Bedford formerly on the northwest corner, south side, of the Courthouse This building burned on March 18, 1941, in the third of what would  be five major fires to hit downtown Bedford in the 1940's and 1950's. from Trimble County Heritage, 1991-1992

 

Hoods Millinery

Mrs. C. W. Hood's

 

Bedford Business  Bedford Business Bedford Business Bedford Business
The Wagon Wheel Inn, Bedford

The Kentucky Tavern, US 42, South of Bedford
 reputed to have been a stage coach stop
 between Louisville and Cincinnati

The Old Kentucky Tavern is on the National Register of Historic Places

 

Bedford Business

Just north of Landy Road on US 42
It was a gas station / bus stop.

Trimble Scenes

Offices of the Trimble Democrat

Bedford Business Bedford Business Bedford Business
Louis Logan Bedford Deposit Bank W. F. Peak, Bank President
Miss Louise B. Logan started at the Bedford Deposit Bank beginning March 25, 1910, and was still with them over 64 years later, advancing from  clerk, to cashier, to vice-president. The bank opened on November 2, 1896.

 

The first Bedford Deposit Bank was incorporated by the State Legislature on March 30, 1888. The Act is here (pdf).   For reasons not clear to us, it incorporated again on March 18, 1918. Incorporation papers, including a stockholder list, is here (pdf).

 

The Epsom and Chalybeate Springs re-open in Bedford. In 1849.

 

Bedford Business Bedford Business Bedford Business
from 1903 Various Trimble and Carroll Co Bankers, 1952 from 1902

 

Bedford Business Bedford Business
Bray Orchards,
Bedford
 
Kentucky Progress Magazine
 Named Joe Bray one its
 first Master Farmers in 1929

 

Bedford Business Bedford Business Bedford Business
Standard Oil, Bedford Bedford Products Triangle Food Store, Bedford?

Milton, Kentucky

NewBedford Hill

Trimble Democrat

The first paper in Trimble County was the Trimble News, whose first issue was February 20, 1879.  It became the Banner Democrat in 1899.  It merged with the Milton News in the issue of November 7, 1913.  It was locally owned until 1971.

 

Gulf Sinclair
  Lindbergh Taylor's Gulf, 1963,
Next to Little Town and Country
From a Facebook post by Larry Craig, whose '58 Chevy is seen.
Chandler & Tombs Sinclair Station
From a Facebook post by Hilda Parrish

 

Bedford Springs

Bedford Springs
From a Facebook post by Hilda Parrish

 

Bedford Springs

Bedford Springs
Trimble County, Ky.
These Springs are now open for the reception of visitors.
A regular four-horse coach will leave Jericho, on the Louisville and Frankfort
 Railroad, (33 miles from Louisville) every Monday, Wednesday. and Saturday
June 8, 1864  Parker & Miller
(from Frankfort's Tri-Weekly Commonwealth, July 22, 1864)

A chemical analysis of the minerals in the mineral springs, from 1857, is here.

Milton, Kentucky